What is clone and methods to create it? (5 Marker)
- Cloning is a technique scientists use to make exact genetic copies of living things.
- Genes, cells, tissues, and even whole animals can all be cloned.
- Some clones already exist in nature. Single-celled organisms like bacteria make exact copies of themselves each time they reproduce.
- When a cell replicates itself asexually without any genetic alteration or recombination.
- Prokaryotic organisms (organisms lacking a cell nucleus) such as bacteria create genetically
identical duplicates of themselves using binary fission or budding.
- Eukaryotic organisms (organisms possessing a cell nucleus) such as humans, all the cells that undergo mitosis, such as skin cells and cells lining the gastrointestinal tract, are clones.
- Researchers have cloned a wide range of biological materials, including genes, cells, tissues and entire
organisms, such as a sheep, cow, etc.
DOLLY CLONE Sheep
Digital India Initiative (3 Marker)
Digital India is a flagship programme of the Government of India with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
Starting Year: 2015
Launched by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity).
Its three main areas:
- Infrastructure as a facility for every citizen
- Governance and demand-based services
- Digital empowerment of citizens
Distinguish between Website and Portal (5 Marker)
Both the website and the portal have a web-based interface