1.1 Chedi Mahajanapada
- One of the 16 Mahajanapadas whose capital was Suktimati.
- Region- Bundelkhand division of Madhya Pradesh regions to the south of river Yamuna along the river Ken. Its capital city was called Suktimati in Sanskrit and Sotthivati-nagara in Pali.
- According to the Mahabharata, the Chedi Kingdom was ruled by Shishupala, an ally of Jarasandha of Magadha and Duryodhana of Kuru. Ruler – Shishupala was killed by Shri Krishna.
1.2 Name the Tripitakas
Compilation of Buddhist teachings
- Vinayapitaka – Collection of rules
- Sutta Pitaka – Collection of sermons
- Abhidhamma Pitaka – Collection of philosophical principles
1.3 Anant Chatustya
According to Jainism, the soul who possesses Anant-Chatushtaya (infinite four-fold power) it becomes Parmatman (God).
Chatustya- Four Qualities are
- Anant Drashan (infinite seeing)
- Anant Jnana (infinite knowledge)
- Anant Sukha (infinite happiness)
- Anant Virya (infinite power)
1.4 What are Vedangas?
The Vedangas give insights into the meters, structure, language and meaning of the Vedas, as well as helping to understand other post-Vedic texts and aspects of Hindu and yogic philosophy.
- Shiksha – The study of Phonology, Phonetics and Pronunciation.
- Kalpa – The scriptures of the law and order of Vedic sacrifices, Ritual instruction.
- Vyakarana – The analysis of words and Linguistics, its main text is Ashtadhyayi. (Panini)
- Nirukta – The study of Etymology , explaining the meaning of words.
- Chhandas – study of Prosody, whoch is live Verses and Poetic Matter
- Jyotish – study of auspicious times and Muhurta etc. for rituals
1.5 Forts of Mandu
- Jahaz Mahal – Ghiyasuddin Khilji
- Hindola mahal – Hoshang Shah
- Rani Roopmati Mahal – Baz Bahadur
- Bazbahadur Mahal – Baz Bahadur