MP’s new DGP
- Madhya Pradesh’s next Director General of Police Sudhir Saxena will be Sudhir Saxena
- Sudhir Kumar Saxena is the 31st Director General of Police.
- B.P. Dubey was the first Director General of Police.
- Last DGP was Vivek Johri
MP BUDGET Released on 9th March
For the first time, the Child Budget was presented in the state, but it was not brought separately.
- Finance Minister of Madhya Pradesh who presented the Budget ? – Mr. Jagdish Devda
- Budget Financial Year 2022-23
- Budget Date – March 9, 2022
- The Finance Minister mentioned the budget and said that facilities will be provided to children below the age of 12 years.
Read the Detailed MP Budget Special in Seperate Edition of MP 365
MPPSC : New Website
- Governor Shri Mangubhai Patel today launched the newly developed website of Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission at Raj Bhavan.
- The website is developed with advanced technology as per the norms of GIGW and WCAG 2.0.
Aatma Nirbhar Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh has, thus, set its foot forward to make itself self-reliant ‘AtmaN_MP@23’ endorsing A-Aspiration, T-Transformation, M-Mission, A-Action, N-Neeti for achieving self-reliant Madhya Pradesh by 2023, thereby contributing in the making of Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
- The Atma Nirbhar Madhya Pradesh Roadmap 2023 was released on 12th November 2020 by Honorable Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shri Shivraj Singh Chauhan. Shri Amitabh Kant, Chief Executive Officer, NITI Aayog, Government of India.
Ramanujacharya Statue of Equality : CM visited Hyderabad
- Ramanuja statue has been named Statue of Equality.
- The installation work of this 216 ft (66 m) high statue in Hyderabad, Telangana started in the year 2014.
- Ramanujacharya made bridges of equality by eliminating class-discrimination
- This unique statue made of Panchadhatu.
Padma Awards for year 2021 distributed by President Shri Kovind in Nov 2021
- President Shri Ramnath Kovind presented the Padma Awards for the year 2021.
- Sushma Swaraj (Posthumously)
- Arun Jaitley (Posthumously)
Padma Shri 2020
- Shri Abdul Jabbar Khan of Bhopal (posthumously),
- Shri Purushottam Dadhich of Indore,
- Shri Nemnath Jain of Indore
- Dr. Sushri Leela Joshi of Ratlam
Padma Shri 2021
- Bhopal’s Shri Kapil Tiwari for making significant contribution to the promotion of folk arts of MP
- Tribal painter Bhuri Bai from Jhabua
Who is Kapil Tiwari ?
- Kapil Tiwari, who hails from Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh, has been selected for the Padma Shri award.
- He is associated with the fields of literature and education.
- Kapil Tiwari has edited 39 books related to folk culture literature.
- Presently he is a member of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations of the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Kapil Tiwari has also been the director of Adivasi Lokkala Academy. He has made significant contribution in the promotion of folk arts and folk artists in Madhya Pradesh.
- In the Department of Culture, he found promising folk artists from tribal-dominated areas of undivided Madhya Pradesh and provided them with a national and international platform.
Five personalities from Madhya Pradesh were awarded the Padma Shri
- Dr N P Mishra (posthumous)
- Veteran Baiga artist Arjun Singh Dhurve
- Rai dancer Ram Sahay Panday
- Gond painter Durgabai Vyam
- Bundeli poet Awadh Kishore Jadia.
Arjun Singh Dhurve
- Arjun Singh Dhurve (born 12 August 1953) is a folk dancer and a retired teacher from the Dindori district of the Indian State of Madhya Pradesh.
- He is famous for popularising Baiga folk songs and dance.
- Ramshay Pandey, a talented artist of Sagar district, has given recognition to the song-music culture of Bundelkhand, ‘Rai Nritya’ at the international level.
- Dance – Rai
- 2022 Padma Shri awardee Durgabai Vyam stands at the forefront of the contemporary folk art movement.
- When she first started painting in 1996, she was particularly inspired by the work of her late brother-in-law and Gond tradition pioneer, Jangarh Singh Shyam.
- She has painted 11 Books
- Famous BOOK – BHIMAYAN on the life of Baba Saheb Ambedkar
- Narmada Yatra will be seen in the Gond art work of Padma Shri Durgabai
Dr. NP Mishra
- Dr. NP Mishra has been posthumously selected for the Padma Shri award in the field of medicine.
- Dr. NP Mishra is called the father of medical field in Madhya Pradesh.
- His taught students are famous doctors of repute in the country and the world.
Awadh Kishore Jadia
- Dr. Awadh Kishore Jadia, the poet of Bundeli, was born on 17 August 1948 in Harpalpur.
- He was also a scholar of literature and knowledge of astrology.
- In 1977, Dr. Awadh Kishore Jadia published a book of his, Vandiya Bundelkhand, Udhav Shatak, Kare Kanhai Ke Kan Lagi Hai
66th Madhya Pradesh foundation day – 1st November
- 66th foundation day of MP: theme of Atmanirbhar Madhya Pradesh.
- Indigenous products should be used and others too should be inspired to do the same.
Nimar Utsav – (19-21 Nov 2021) Maheshwar
- Principal Secretary Culture and Tourism Shri Sheo Shekhar Shukla.
- Nimar Utsav – Date 19-21 Nov
- Venue– Devi Ahilya Ghat, Maheshwar in Khargone district
- Cultural presentations and various activities will be organised at Nimar Utsav.
Jal Mahotsav – Nov 20 – Hanuwantia
- CM Launched the 6th edition of ‘Jal Mahotsav’ on November 20, 2021 in Hanuwantia of Khandwa.
- Duration 2 months Till January 20, 2022.
- For the convenience of the tourists attending ‘Jal Mahotsav’, buses will also be operated daily between Indore and Hanuvantia for two months.
“Jal Mahotsav” Bags Indias Unique Water and Adventure Carnival International Award In Spain
- Madhya Pradesh Jal Mahotsav – Hanuwantia of Khandwa district.
- Madhya Pradesh’s annual tourism event “Jal Mahotsav” has been recognised internationally as India’s unique water and adventurecarnival in Madrid, Spain on 20 January 2022.
- Jal Mahotsav has also been awarded the National Tourism Award in the year 2017 as the Most Unique/Extraordinary Innovative Tourism Product by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
- ‘Hanuvantia Island’ is a wonderful and incredible tourist destination situated on the banks of Indira Sagar Dam.
Toy cluster @ Budhni
- To promote the toy art of Budhni and to create employment opportunities, a toy cluster would be constructed in Budhni.
Recognition to Budhni toys at national and international level
- Budhni’s art of traditional wooden toys would be recognized at national and international level.
- Toy products in Sehore district have been included in the ‘Ek Zila Ek Utpad’ scheme
Toy Train in Van Vihar
- In view of environmental protection at Van Vihar National Park Zoo, Bhopal, , the gift of a battery operated toy train was received.
Datia Mahotsav – Home Minister Dr. Mishra
- Datia Mahotsav, which is full of art and culture, has been organised on the desire of the public.
- Saraswati putra Dr. Kumar Vishwas and other poets were also present.
- Datia : Temple Maa Pitambar-Dhumavati Mahamayi
Raag Bhopali will give global recognition to Zari-Zardozi art of Bhopal
Ek Zila-Ek Utpad scheme BHOPAL
- Products of Zari-Zardozi (Purse) and Jute of Bhopal district
- The aim is to preserve and save this art and the handicrafts of Bhopal district that are becoming extinct should be saved.
- Raag Bhopali Complex is also there in Bhopal which will be linked to NIFT designers.
Zari Work in News
- In Persian, the art is known by the term – Zardozi.
- Zari or Zari Work as it is known, is an intricate art of weaving threads made of fine gold or silver. These threads are further woven into fabrics, primarily made of silk to create intricate patterns.
- The designs are so exquisite that apart from the monetary value attached to these threads, the fabric also gets an overall rich & a beautiful look.
- The Art of Zari has been associated with the Aristocratic & Royal Persona in India for a long time. It is one of the most famous & elaborate techniques in metal embroidery.
Different kinds of zari work
- Zardozi: This is a heavy and more elaborate embroidery work which uses varieties of gold threads, spangles, beads and gota. It is used to embellish wedding outfits, heavy coats, cushions, curtains etc.
- Kamdani: This is a lighter needlework which is done on lighter material like scarves, veils, and caps.
- Mina Work: This is thus called owing to its resemblance with enamel work. The embroidery is done in gold.
Skill Cell Mission to start from 15th November
- Skill Cell Mission will be launched from 15th November 2021 in all the 89 tribal development blocks of the state.
- Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas (15th November)
Sickle cell disease among Tribals
- State government is committed to eradicate sickle cell disease, work of tribal welfare in mission mode
- Public Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Prabhuram Choudhary
- Tribal Affairs and Scheduled Castes Welfare Minister Meena Singh.
Sickel Cell Anaemia in Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh Sickle Cell (Hemoglobinopathy) Mission
PM Modi announced a series of development schemes for the welfare of the tribal people. Among multiple initiatives, one initiative was — ‘Madhya Pradesh Sickle Cell (Hemoglobinopathy) Mission’, which aims at spreading awareness among people about genetic disorders including ‘Sickle Cell Anaemia.’
Sickle Cell Anaemia’s prevalence in Madhya Pradesh
- As per a report by the National Health Mission in Madhya Pradesh, the state has the highest burden of sickle cell anaemia in India.
- 10%-33% of the tribal population in Madhya Pradesh is sickle gene affected, & 0.70% are sickle diseased (SS/Homozygous).”
- Four tribal districts of the state have constituted for around 75% of the existing cases of sickle cell anaemia, showed the annual report 2020-21 of department of health and family welfare. 4 Districts cumulatively reported 4955 cases of sickle cell anaemia of those 6649 in Madhya Pradesh.
- The sickle cell anaemia is more prevalent in tribal groups while thalassemia in other caste communities
- Scheduled tribes like Paradhan, Panika, Bhilala, and Scheduled castes like Jharia, Mehra and Dehariya had been found more affected.
- The report also suggested that there had been 1839 patients of thalassemia– another genetic blood disorder, in the state. Thalassemia affected districts are :
Govardhan Puja is a message of environmental protection: Chief Minister Shri Chouhan
- Govardhan Puja, also known as Annakut or Annakoot (meaning a “mountain of food”),
- Ankur Abhiyan is a holy campaign to save the earth. This is also the message of Govardhan Puja.
- Vayudoot App for Ankur Abhiyan
- Aim is not only to plant trees but also to protect them.
- Participants of Ankur Abhiyan will be honoured with the title of
- “Vriksha Veer”
- “Vriksha Veerangana”
- “Pranvayu Award”
Madhya Pradesh Tourism bags three international awards
- “Best Project” at the International level at the World Travel Mart (WTM) World Responsible Tourism Awards-2021 ceremony in London.
- In the same category, MP Rural Tourism was also given “Swarn Puraskar” at the zonal level.
- In another category “Diversity in Tourism”, the concept of “Safe Tourism for Women” project of MP was awarded for recognition of the best project.
- The “International Award” is given by selecting the best project out of the ”Swarn Puraskar”, which was given to MP Rural Tourism for the year 2021.
Late Shri Kailash Sarang (Former MP)
- The book of collection of articles of Late Shri Sarang “Kailash Pravah: Rashtraneeti aur Rajneeti” released.
- Shri Sarang was a thinker, writer, scholar, poet, litterateur and Shayar (Urdu poet).
Lord Birsa Munda’s Birth Anniversary
- Mahasammelan on the birth anniversary of Lord Birsa Munda.to be organized on Tribal Pride Day.
- Tribal Pride Day Mahasammelan and the dedication of the country’s first PPP-built Habibganj railway station (Rani Kamlapati Railways Station .