Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Rs 6 thousand is provided every year to the beneficiary farmer families eligible under the scheme in three installments
- Over Rs 19 thousand 500 crores was transferred to the accounts of about 10 crore families of farmers of the country under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana by Prime Minister Shri Modi during the programme.
MP State Rural Livelihood Mission – Rural women move towards self-reliance
- MP State Rural Livelihood Mission is providing sustainable opportunities for the institutional development and livelihood by forming self-help groups for social, economic empowerment of women from rural poor families in the state since 2012.
- So far, the Mission has formed 3 lakh 36 thousand 521 self-help groups in 45 thousand 135 villages.
- 38 lakh 31 thousand families have been linked to these groups.
Mukhyamantri Udyam Kranti Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Udyam Kranti Yojana has been launched on 13 March 2021 by the Chief Minister of the state, Shri Shivraj Singh Chauhan, to encourage the youth of MP to establish employment.
- Through this scheme, loans will be provided to the youth and young women on a guarantee from banks to establish their own employment.
Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY)
- Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY) is a scheme launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister on April 8, 2015 for providing loans up to 10 lakh to the non-corporate, non-farm small/micro enterprises.
- These loans are classified as MUDRA loans under PMMY.
- These loans are given by Commercial Banks, RRBs, Small Finance Banks, MFIs and NBFCs.
National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) : Aajeevika
- Loan of Rs. 250 crore under credit linkage to women self-help groups under the Jan Kalyan and Suraj Abhiyan in women empowerment programme in Shivpuri.
- The families of these tribes reside in 14 districts Sheopur, Morena, Gwalior, Shivpuri, Guna, Ashoknagar, Datia, Shahdol, Umaria, Anuppur, Chhindwara, Mandla, Balaghat and Dindori.
- One thousand rupees are being provided every month in the account of these families.
- Start of MP State Rural Livelihood Mission till the position of August 31, 2021, about 2 lakh 65 thousand self-help groups have been benefitted by disbursing bank loans of about Rs. 2 thousand 54 crores.
Facts To Know (RLM)
- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) also known as Aajeevika has been launched by Ministry of Rural Development to create platforms enabling poor rural people to increase their household income through sustainable livelihood enhancements and improved access to financial services.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Rural)
- Construction of 20.65 lakh PMAY houses completed so far in rural areas in state.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) has been implemented in MP to achieve the target of Housing for All 2022.
- Three backward tribes of MP, Saharia, Baiga and Bharia have also been provided housing under the special project.
- The amount gets transferred to the beneficiary’s account automatically, in four installments on uploading photo and Geotag through AWAAS app.
Facts To Know (PMAY)
- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is a ray of hope for the urban Indian poor, who either do not have a roof of their own or who live in poor sheltered structures or rented houses.
- Launched in June 2015, it is a flagship scheme started by the current NDA government and upholds the motto of “housing for all by 2022”.
- Beneficiaries of the PMAY scheme
The scheme is concerned with the following categories of the population who are the immediate beneficiaries:
- economically weaker sections (EWS) – annual income is below Rs.3 lakhs
- low-income groups (LIG) – annual income is between Rs.3 to 6 lakhs
- mid-income groups (MIG) – MIG 1, with annual income between Rs.6 to 12 lakhs
Mukhya Mantri Bhu-Adhikar Yojana
- Mukhya Mantri Bhu-Adhikar Yojana Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay’s dream of Antyodaya to come true.
- Under the scheme, poor people who do not have a place to live, will be provided with a plot to live.
- In cities where land is not available, arrangements will be made to make multi-story buildings.
- One who is poor, backmost and bottommost, he is our God
- Many schemes being run to implement the idea of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay
- CM Shri Chouhan said that the state government is running several schemes like Mukhyamantri Annapurna Yojna, Sambal Yojana, free education of children, and arrangement of money for poor women before birth of child and post delivery, Kanyadan, Ladli Laxmi etc.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana: Women will get freedom from stove smoke
- Launch of the second phase of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, free gas connections are being provided to 5 lakh mothers in MP.
- Under this scheme, poor women will now get freedom from smoke.
- First term of the Central Government in year 2014, the schemes made for the welfare of the poor are being implemented.
- The smoke from the wood caused problems with the lungs and eyes.
- Free gas connections have been provided to the homes of about 9 crore poor families.
- In the year 2019, in the second term of the government, the work of providing one crore free gas connections was done.
- ‘Poshan Panchayat’ organised in every Anganwadi centre during the Poshan month (September).
Objective of ‘Poshan Panchayat’
- Objective of ‘Poshan Panchayat’ is to give five mantras of better nutrition to the general public,
- importance of nutrition and health services in the first 1000 golden days of life,
- encourage children-adolescent girls-pregnant and lactating women to take diverse food and iron tablets to prevent anaemia,
- diarrhoea management – use of zinc,
- ORS solution and to introduce the behaviour of personal hygiene,
- Cleanliness and sanitation.
Swamitva Yojana: Special achievement of MP
- Land rights records to be distributed in 3000 villages of 19 districts: Revenue Minister Shri Rajput
- SVAMITVA (Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas) scheme is a collaborative effort of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj, State Panchayati Raj Departments, State Revenue Departments and Survey of India.
- The Union Minister of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj has started SVAMITVA scheme.
- The scheme was launched on the National Panchayati Raj Day (April 24).
- Time period – 2020 to 2024.
- To provide an integrated property validation solution for rural India.
- Mapping the land parcels in rural inhabited areas.
- Maping done through drone technology.
Mapping done across country- phase-wise manner
Madhya Pradesh under PM Swamitva Yojana
- The first beneficiary of the scheme, Shri Rambharos Vishwakarma, is a resident of Harda district of the state.
- Madhya Pradesh is a leader in the use of agricultural infrastructure funds
Prime Minister’s Housing Scheme Rural
- Against the target of 26 lakh 28 thousand houses set under the scheme from the beginning till now, 21 lakh 9 lakh houses have been completed. A target of construction of about 4 lakh 45 thousand houses has been set in the financial year 2021-22.
- Dry ration is being distributed to 66 lakh 25 thousand students of 1.13 lakh schools of the state through 71 thousand women self-help groups and other institutions.
- Along with this, an amount equal to the amount of cooking food and food grains is also being provided.
- A monthly honorarium of Rs 2,000 per cook is deposited in the accounts of the cooks engaged in this work. Out of the targeted schools of the state, kitchen sheds have been constructed in 94 thousand schools.
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- Madhya Pradesh is being included in the list of top 7 states in the last 3 years in terms of length against the physical targets set in the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna.
Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission
- The Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission launched by the Union Ministry of Rural Development in the year 2016 is being implemented in 18 clusters of 15 districts in Madhya Pradesh.
- The aim is to develop clusters of villages into “Rurban Villages” while maintaining the core character of rural life with emphasis on equity and inclusion without compromising on the facilities provided essentially through the mission.
“Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan” (RGSA) – Panchayat Raj
- “Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan” (RGSA) is effectively implemented in Madhya Pradesh since year 2018-19.
- Its main objective is to strengthen and empower the Panchayati Raj systems.
Facts To Know
- Mahatma Gandhi Employment Guarantee Act 2005, is an Indian labour law and social security measure that aims to guarantee the ‘right to work’.
- This act was passed in 23 August 2005 under the UPA government of Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh. Wikipedia
- Official website: nrega.nic.in
- Launch year: 2006
- Sector: Rural Employment
- Launched by (prime minister): Manmohan Singh
- Ministry: Ministry of Rural Development
- Act Passed: 23/08/2005
- Introduced by: Raghuvansh Prasad Singh, Minister of Rural Development
Beej Gram Yojana
- The Beej Gram Yojana (Farmers Welfare and Agriculture Department) started by the Government of MP is being operated with the objectives of raising awareness about improved seed production at the farmer level, training and infrastructure development etc.
- Training for seed production and storage technology etc. is a major component of the scheme.
Under this scheme seed / certified seed is provided to each selected farmer with 50% subsidy for half an acre
Mukhyamantri Ration Aapke Dwar Yojana
- MP government has announced the implementation of Mukhyamantri Ration Aapke Dwar Yojana in the state from next month.
- Under the scheme, ration will now be transported by vehicles in those villages where there are no fair price shops in tribal development blocks of the state.
- Under the scheme, tribal families of 7,511 villages will be benefited from 16 districts.
Facts To Know
- Madhya Pradesh Governor: Mangubhai C. Patel; CM:- Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
National Sports Day: 29 August
- The birth anniversary of Major Dhyanchand, the pride of hockey, is celebrated as Sports Day.
- He will always remain a source of inspiration for the players of the country and the world.
- Major Dhyanchand ji, the wizard of hockey, who played in the Indian team that won gold medals in the Olympics in Amsterdam, Los Angeles and Berlin.
MADHYA PRADESH HIGHEST SPORTS AWARD 2020 Announced
- Life Time Achievement Award to Shri Abhay Chhajlani
- Youth Welfare Minister Smt. Yashodhara Raje Scindia.
- 13 Eklavya
- 10 Vikram
- 3 Vishwamitra
- 1 Late Shri Prabhas Joshi Award
- 1 Life Time Achievement Award
- Individual Sports
- Sushma Verma Kayaking-Canoeing Sehore,
- Tushita Singh Soft Tennis Bhopal,
- Sparsh Khare Wushu Jabalpur,
- Arjun Singh Horse Riding Bhopal,
- Sunil Dawar Athletics Barwani,
- Gauranshi Sharma Badminton (Disabled) Bhopal,
- Rammilan Yadav Sailing Tikamgarh,
- Ankit Sharma Fencing, Gwalior,
- Anuradha Ahirwar Archery Bhopal,
- Preeti Rajak Shooting Hoshangabad
- Shashank Patel Taekwondo Bhopal.
- Team Sports
- Sadhna Sengar Hockey Hoshangabad
- Dhruvraj Kurre Power Lifting Bhopal.
- Individual Sports
- Vishwajit Singh Canoe-Slalom Hoshangabad,
- Sunidhi Chauhan Shooting Bhopal,
- Nidhi Nanhet Karate Balaghat,
- Paridhi Joshi Horse Riding Indore,
- Manju Bamboria Boxing Ujjain
- Ekta Yadav Sailing Bhopal.
- Team Sports
- Vivek Sagar Prasad Hockey Hoshangabad
- Harshvardhan Tomar Basketball Gwalior.
- Pooja Malviya Mallakhamb, Ujjain.
- Disabled category includes Prachi Yadav Para Canoe, Gwalior.
- Individual Sports– Shri Virendra Dabas, Para Swimming and Para Athletics, Gwalior, Shri Richpal Singh Salaria, Archery, Jabalpur. Team Sports – Dr. Habib Hasan.
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Shri Abhay Chhajlani, Padmashri . former President Indore Table Tennis Association will be honoured with Life Time Achievement Award 2020
Late Prabhash Joshi Sports Award
- Ujjain’s Mallakhamb player Vaishnavi Kahar.
TOKYO OLYMPICS INDIA
2021 flashback: The ‘Super Seven’ who gave India its best ever medal haul at the Olympics
- India finishing at the 48th spot on the medal tally of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- India signed off the Tokyo Olympics with a record haul of seven medals (1 gold, 2 silver and 4 bronze), bettering their previous best haul of six medals in a single edition of the Games (London 2012).
Neeraj Chopra – Gold, Javelin (Athletics)
- The second after Abhinav Bindra to win an individual Olympic gold.
- Neeraj, who has a personal best of 88.07m , clinched the history
- Neeraj, holder of the current national and world junior records, became the youngest Indian to win an individual Olympic gold at 23 years of age and also the only one to bring home a medal in athletics.
- Neeraj is also the reigning Commonwealth Games and Asian Games champion
- Became first Indian to win gold in athletics at Tokyo 2020
Mirabai Chanu – Silver, 49kg (Weightlifting)
- Mirabai Chanu opened India’s medal account on the first day of the competition, with a silver medal in the women’s 49kg category.
- Mirabai won the silver behind China’s Hou Zhihui in the 49kg category on July 24.
Ravi Dahiya – Silver, Men’s Freestyle 57kg (Wrestling)
- On August 5, Ravi Dahiya became only the second Indian wrestler, after Sushil Kumar, to win an Olympic silver medal, losing to Zavur Uguev, a two-time world champion.
- A product of the national capital’s Chhatrasal Stadium, Dahiya rose to prominence only when he qualified for the Tokyo Games with a bronze medal winning effort at the 2019 World Championship in Nur Sultan.
PV Sindhu – Bronze, Women’s Singles (Badminton)
- On August 1, PV Sindhu became the first Indian woman to win two Olympic medals by defeating China’s He Bing Jiao in the badminton women’s singles third-place play-off to secure a bronze.
Lovlina Borgohain – Bronze, Women’s Welterweight 69kg (Boxing)
- On August 4, Lovlina Borgohain became the third Indian boxer after Vijender Singh (2008) and MC Mary Kom (2012) to win a medal at the Olympics.
- The 23-year-old from Assam signed off with a bronze medal after a 0-5 loss to reigning world champion Busenaz Surmeneli.
Bajrang Punia – Bronze, Men’s Freestyle 65kg (Wrestling)
- Bajrang Punia was expected to win the gold medal in Tokyo, but unfortunately he suffered not one but two injuries. Despite that he went on to win the bronze medal on August 7.
Indian men’s hockey team – Bronze
- If ever a bronze felt like a gold medal, this was it. On August 5, the Indian men’s hockey team beat Germany 5-4 to win the bronze and claim an Olympic medal in field hockey after a 41 year gap.
- This was India’s third hockey bronze medal in the history of the Olympics. The other two before this were won in the 1968 Mexico City and the 1972 Munich Games. The eight-time former gold medal winners made the resurgence of the last couple of years count in the best way possible with an Olympic medal.
TOKYO OLYMPICS MADHYA PRADESH
BRONZE MEDAL – Hockey Team @ TOKYO Olympics
- Indian men’s hockey team for winning the bronze medal in the Tokyo Olympics.
- Indian Team Captain – MANPREET SINGH
- Vivek Sagar from From MP
- Vivek Sagar and Nilkanta Sharma gets Rs 1 crore each
- Both trained at MP Hockey Academy
- Vivek Sagar of Itarsi has received EKLAVYA AWARD 2018
- Vivek Sagar got the Post of DSP in MP government.
- Nilkanta Sharma from Manipur – Imphal but trained at MP
Famous Hockey Players in the Past from MP
- Shri Aslam Sher Khan, who won a medal for India in the 1975 Olympics
- Born: 15 July 1953 (age 68 years), Bhopal
- Aslam Sher Khan is an Indian hockey player and a former member of the Indian team. In the 1975 World Cup held at Kuala Lumpur, Aslam Sher Khan helped Indian Hockey Team to win the gold medal. He was also a member of the Indian team who participated in the 1976 Summer Olympics.
- Shri Sameer Dad
- Born : 25 November 1978 Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Dad, who debuted as a forward for the Indian senior team in 1998, was a member of the gold medal-winning side at the Asian Games that year after a gap of 32 years. He went on to play in the World Cup in the same year and in the Sydney Olympics in 2000 where he scored two goals.
- he took up coaching and was an assistant coach for the national team in the Junior World Cup in 2016 at Lucknow which India won.
- It was in June 2021 that 43-year-old Dad took charge of the Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy as the head coach and by October the sub-junior and junior teams of the academy had won the inaugural national championships for hockey academies.
Indian Hockey Team Captains
- Manpreet Singh – Men Hockey Team
- Rani Rampal – Women Hockey Team